Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Week

Sechrist Hall RA's hosted a Valentine event every night (Monday-Thursday) for the week of Valentine. We all definitely had a fun time planning and hosting the programs. The programs ranged from sexual health to speed friending and the residents seemed to enjoy the events. I love hosting events for the residents. Also, I thought it was awesome that we had a program on Valentine's Day
so everyone could have something to do and somewhere to go without worrying about the stigmas of not having a date on Valentine's. I love having events like these and being there for the residents. Even though sometimes freshman make me wonder why I do this, I remember that they are the priority and we as RA's must help them along the way the same way my RA, Jasmine, did for me. Events like these reminds me of why I became a RA and why I am still a RA!

Hosted by RA Kenzie and Brandon....their program focused
on alcohol and sexual health. They roofied the residents (with skittles in their sodas)
and had a presentation at the end giving them some great information to avoid that!
Hosted by RA Colin, Danielle and Jessica...they played the roommate game.
This was a time for the residents to see how well they knew one another.
The winners got $10 in JDE (equivalent to Carolina Cash) and the winners
knew each other very well! I was very impressed!
 Hosted by RA Mandy and Lauren...Hollywood Squares was this event.
The RA's took on the identity of stars such as Beyonce, Justin Bieber and Michelle Obama.
The information presented quizzed how well the participants knew sexual health facts.
Ready to play!
 Hosted by RA Tyler and Ti'a...the final event of the week was a Social.
There was lots of sweets and treats for the residents. As they got their snacks we hosted
rounds of speed friending so they could meet others in Sechrist!
Some of the sweets and treats!
 
-Ti'a enjoying Valentine's week in Sechrist until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment