Monday, September 24, 2012

In Jail all the way in Arizona

Yes, I went to Jail on September 21st at approximately 3:30pm! I didn't go to spend time like you may think but I actually got to tour the jail. As a Resident Advisor, I work on a Criminal Justice Living Learning Community Hall so the leader and I took the group to the jail for a tour. The tour was fascinating and very informative. We didn't just take a peak at the officers and left; we got to see the inmates in minimum, medium and maximum security. First, we got to see where the people are arrested come in first before they even get out of the car. The booking process was explained and we went through that. Also, the officers showed us some protection weapons they sometimes have to utilize. We saw the kitchen and laundry room. We got to walk out on the court where the inmates get outside time. We got to see the medical area. We saw some inmates on visitations. We got to see furlough inmates. I could go on and on about every little thing I saw but to make a long story short we got to see every inch of the jail and see how it is operated. Jail isn't someplace I would want to be but this showed me a different insight and got me kind of interested thinking about the future. Below Pictures: (1) The group before heading to the jail tour (2) Nandi and I on the way to the jail (3) Others from the group on our journey to the jail (4) All of us at the jail waiting for our tour to finally being (5) Sign at the Jail (6) Another Sign at Jail (7) Me in front of the jail right before going in







-Ti'a until next time...hopefully not from jail!! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment