Saturday, September 29, 2012

Lowell Observatory

This weekend at NAU is parents weekend! Of course, my family couldn't come for just a weekend all the way to Arizona but Mary's Uncle Greg adopted Nandi and I for the weekend. We had a blast and explored all over DTF (Downtown Flagstaff). We went to the Lowell Observatory, the home of where Pluto was discovered! It was absolutely beautiful and unknowlingly educational at the same time. We stayed so late the leader allowed us to take awesome pictures of the moon through the telescope which was pretty awesome. I never knew I would meet such amazing people here in Flagstaff, Arizona but I have to say this is not even close to the end of this wonderful experience. Below Pictures: (1) Home of Pluto Sign at Lowell Observatory (2) Worker and I at Lowell Observatory Gift Shop (3) Nandi, Mary and I with an actual meteorite that weighed 535 pounds (4) Nandi and Telescope (5) Telescope (6) Picture of the Moon I took through the Telescope







-Ti'a until next time absolutely enjoying Flagstaff, Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment