Monday, December 31, 2012

Senior Citizen Christmas

Working with Berkeley connects me to many different organizations in the community, and I was fortunate enough to be able to work with the seniors in the Mt. Pleasant, Awendaw and South Santee area. This Christmas the supervisor over the senior centers got Christmas lists from all the seniors. An organization known as Families Helping Families: Palmetto Project got donations and was able to bless the seniors with an ample amount of gits. Seeing all the seniors happy and excited was definitely the highlight of my holiday experience this year. If you would like to see what Families Helping Families: Palmetto Project is all about visit palmettoproject.org.

Pictures: I was not able to get pictures of the seniors opening their gifts because I was in charge of handing the gifts out and making sure they all went to the right person, but trust me when I say the smile on their faces was more than enough to light up my holiday break!

 (1) Mt. Pleasant Area Gifts
 (2) Awendaw Area Gifts...Ms. Shelia Powell (right) (The director who made all of this possible) and Gizelle
 (3) Desi works daily with the Seniors and loves them...working on South Santee Area Gifts
 (4) All the Gifts
(5) The Senior Citizens having a lunch program before getting their gifts

-Ti'a enjoying the holiday season with the elderly until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment